NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS…. GO!!
- Write more. In one of my classes this morning, we discovered that all of us have a secret passion for writing, insane idea that maybe, just maybe, someday it’d be pretty cool to write a book. I’m probably not going to for many many years if ever, but I will be self-indulgent enough to write here. For you very special, exclusive, elite readers. 🙂
- Read. Yes, my goals are always the same but so far, I’m sticking to this one. So far = 1 week. More specifically, read at least one fiction book a month for some imagination food, as well as one non-fiction for some intellectual stimulation. YEAH.
- Study. I’ve got Spanish classes twice a week, and am going to sign up for an exam by the summer time to have a certificate at the end of this all. Maybe I won’t actually go back through all these books that have piled up, but at least some of them. And free COURSERA courses!!! *plug plug plug plug* — Share the wealth — I’ve got Modern World History, Microeconomics, and Health for All lined up on my end. TEDtalks and GOOD are nice sources as well.
- MUSIC. Must. find. concerts. somewhere. Okay, so this might not be as possible, but we can make up for it by scouring websites for new stuff I suppose. Check out Pretty Much Amazing, Hype Machine, or Indie Shuffle. Also, The Lone Bellow is the first new group I’ve liked a lot this year. Thanks NPR.
- This leads towards the big study — Choose a Masters program. Still up in the air with that plan, but narrowing it down bit by bit. More TBA later.
- Travel. Flexible here. At least a weekend trip per month. Or one or two day trips. And when it’s impossible to go, read about another place. Favorites — Matador Network and Vagabondish. Someone said that looking out at the massive sea was the poor man’s way of travel. I like that idea. And reading. For example: Hitchhiking across Asia and couchsurfing with the Taliban.
- Run and climb. I know this never works but we’ll keep trying. I did run a 10K and 7K in the Fall though!
- Camino de Santiago. Little by little, afterall, Morgan and I were able to do 25km or so in one day when she was visiting. There are definitely more sections that I can access in the area. And then maybe the whole thing…
in the summer?someday.
- And then all that Carpe Diem, compassion for humanity, get inspired, be who you are, live-laugh-love stuff too.
- This is a better number to end on so…. this can be for being open to suggestions and/or 180 changes as the year goes on.