How can I sum up the last 5 months…
- Eurotrip extravaganza – For Semana Santa, I flew to Berlin for a weekend visit, then after the longest train journey with endless transfers, I met up with a few other teachers from Vitoria for our roadtrip from Ingolstadt (near Munich) through Austria, Italy, and France to return to Vitoria with Sophie’s car. In short, I loved being able to travel alone for the weekend and remind myself how much I love soaking up new places and then even more, I miss traveling and had the best time with these lovely ladies trying delicious food, tasting wines, and seeing gorgeous castles and landscapes. Pictures posted along the side.
- Pais Vasco: Also have been trying to get out around here some more. Daytrips to the coast for lunch, surfing, beaches, or just long drives… Deba, Zumaia, Zarautz, Laga/Laida, Elantxobe, Ea… More to come before the end of summer I hope.
- Catalunya: 100km walk of death from the Pyrenees to Costa Brava via Oxfam’s Trailwalker. Amazing, fun, ridiculous, crazy, exhausting…. One of the most difficult tasks I’ve ever done – physically or emotionally. Great team spirit all the way to the end and for a worthy cause. Would I do it again? Hmm….
- Teaching has been going well, most of my students passed the exams if they took them, so that’s a nice bit of evidence of doing a good job. Just finishing up the last of my classes over the next 2 weeks before fiestas, and then VACATION until September or October.
- Korea – Nearly was set on going and changed my mind. Another day, another way.
- What I will be doing post-U.S. visit …. TBA.
- New goals – Surfing, hiking, camping, hulahooping…. as much as possible.
- Music festivals – Lucky enough to make it to a day of Azkena Rock Festival in Vitoria for one day (free!) and then another night at BBK Live in Bilbao. I miss live music. So much. I need to figure out a way to make it through the winters when the festivals aren’t happening every other week.
I clearly don’t have enough patience to write in much more detail than that. But to sum up, life is busy and I keep changing my mind about everything in the meantime. OH WELL.
“You won’t do it at the right time.
You’ll be late.
You’ll be early.
You’ll get re-routed.
You’ll get delayed.
You’ll change your mind.
You’ll change your heart.
It’s not going to turn out the way you thought it would.
It will be better.”