I wrote a bucket list with one of my best friends when I was in 8th grade and added more things when I was in high school. Obviously this is something I’ve saved over the years and looking back at it now, I realize that…
1. I am insane and wrote way too many things down, a lot of sillyness and some basically impossible to accomplish… BUT
2. I HAVE already done so much.
Want to boost your self-esteem about what you are doing with your life? Find you old bucket list, or write one down now… and look back at it in 5 or 10 years. If nothing has changed, GET GOING! Or stop for a moment and be proud of all that you’ve done.
- Watch Pete’s Dragon
- Go to Old World Wisconsin
- Play Red Rover
- Sleep in a canoe or rowboat
- Sleep outside in an open field or park – All Invisible Children events, most recently The Rescue.
- Fly a kite
- Go egging
- Spend a night in jail – well…. a day. via corrupt police letting us a taking a tour in Bolivia.
- Steal a sign
- Go to Australia
- Go to Spain
- Go to South America
- Go SCUBA Diving
- Be a camp counselor
- Leanr to surf – still needs improvement but I can stand at least!
- Write a song
- See the Great Barrier Reef
- See kangaroos and wallabies (I was obsessed with Australia. Thank you P2P Student Ambassador program for checking off so much from my list)
- Hike mountains
- Learn how to snowboard
- Stand under a waterfall
- Walk on a beach at sunset
- See penguins in the wild
- Make a wish on a shooting star
- Camp out on a beach
- Learn another language
- Learn to salsa
- Learn to ice skate
- Be in a protest
- See a lunar eclipse (still waiting on the solar)
- Do yoga
- Volunteer in another country
My personal favorites:
- Be a part of or witness something significant in history
- Be there for a friend’s important moment in life
- Help build a house – or tons! Thank you Pisco Sin Fronteras in Peru
- Volunteer to serve dinner on Thanksgiving
- Teach someone English (somehow I foresaw a year and a half of my life)
- Plan the “Ultimate Adventure Vacation” and take it!!!
From learning instruments to doing extreme sports, OR
doing polar bear plunge to being in Times Square for New Years Eve, OR
planting a tree every year to yelling BINGO in a bingo hall, OR
donating blood to going to EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY…
there’s lots more to be done. So MAKE YOUR LIST!!!
And to end, here’s a reminder on how many countries there are in the world…