I’ve definitely been feeling burnt out about teaching but suddenly right now I feel a renewed motivation. Why? I’m not really sure, I think I’m just in a really good mood right now, nothing wrong with that haha… so here are some things that are helping to brighten my mood.
Things I love and appreciate:
- My Chilean friends finding me an american football so we can play on the beach. And letting and wanting me to teach them how to play. I miss football. Finally found a way to watch the games online and unfortunately had to watch the Packers lose to the Vikings.
- My students using the english I taught them in class OUTSIDE of class when I run into them on the street! I really just realized how happy this made me when it happened today. MAYBE I am teaching them something!
- Running into friends on the street. While in living in Chile. Just like home, but now the conversations are in spanish.
- Being able to read and write emails in spanish.
- Making plans for a weekend in La Serena and travels in the south after November.
- Bringing English magazines to school and watching the students actually be excited to look at them.
- Students stopping in my classroom to talk to me, when they aren’t there for their actual class. Students talking to me in general and being nice!!
- Realizing I get to skip winter this year. I will miss the snow a little but definitely not the freezing cold.
- Getting packages in the mail and having more on the way.
- Friends from the states willing to be penpals with my students. 🙂
- Having a 6 day weekend.